DIY Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Takeout Gift
It's approximately nine days before Christmas, and if you're anything like me, you might have some last minute gifts to put together. After making my homemade vanilla salt, I had in mind to pair it with my favorite cookie dough as a "bake it at home" gift for friends & teachers. If you're looking for a win-win gift to give, then I'm confident the Takeout Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough trumps.
What you'll need:
Single/Double batch NY Times Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & white takeout boxes
Jar of Vanilla Salt
Printed out Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Labels for boxes
Putting it together:
- I got my takeout boxes at PaperZone for $.69 each.
- My jars were purchased at a local herb/spice store.
- I printed out labels on regular paper & used double stick tape to apply to jars & boxes.
- I made the dough two days in advance, in order for the cookie dough to age (read the science behind it here).
- On the top of the box I wrote in ink to bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes, because the dough would be smaller than what the recipe calls.
- Tell your recipients to sprinkle the vanilla salt on the dough prior to baking.
- I made a double batch, which filled 11 boxes with about 1 1/2 cups of dough each.
- Here's my grain-free Chocolate Chip Recipe & my Vegan Chocolate Chip Recipe
Two Years Ago: Grandma's No Bakes