It's approximately nine days before Christmas, and if you're anything like me, you might have some last minute gifts to put together. After making my homemade vanilla salt, I had in mind to pair it with my favorite cookie dough as a "bake it at home" gift for friends & teachers. If you're looking for a win-win gift to give, then I'm confident the Takeout Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough trumps.
What you'll need:
Single/Double batch NY Times Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & white takeout boxes
Jar of Vanilla Salt
Printed out Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Labels for boxes
Putting it together:
- I got my takeout boxes at PaperZone for $.69 each.
- My jars were purchased at a local herb/spice store.
- I printed out labels on regular paper & used double stick tape to apply to jars & boxes.
- I made the dough two days in advance, in order for the cookie dough to age (read the science behind it here).
- On the top of the box I wrote in ink to bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes, because the dough would be smaller than what the recipe calls.
- Tell your recipients to sprinkle the vanilla salt on the dough prior to baking.
- I made a double batch, which filled 11 boxes with about 1 1/2 cups of dough each.
- Here's my grain-free Chocolate Chip Recipe & my Vegan Chocolate Chip Recipe
Two Years Ago: Grandma's No Bakes